Data indicate that closing the achievement gap is a key priority in the Central Region. Closing the gap between English language learners, Native Americans, African Americans, and other students and closing the gap between affluent and non-affluent students are of primary concern.
- The rural solution: How community schools can reinvigorate rural education.
- Teacher preparation and student achievement, working paper 20
- Status of Education in Rural America
- Indian education for all: K-12 curriculum guide – Language arts, science, social studies
- Effective literacy and English language instruction for English learners in the elementary grades: a practice guide
- Achievement gap patterns of grade 8 American Indian and Alaska native students in reading and math
- Trends in high school dropout and completion rates in the United States: 1972–2009
- Achievement growth: International and U.S. state trends in student performance