A research alliance is a group of regional stakeholders who share a specific education concern. The stakeholders agree to work together to learn more about the concern to be able to make sound decisions to improve education outcomes.
Many American students are leaving high school without the necessary tools to go to college or participate in the working world. Common Core State Standards represent an effort to standardize curriculum and student outcomes across the U.S. Six out of seven states in the Central Region have signed on to implement these new standards. Are teachers and administrators ready for Common Core?
REL Central is forming a research alliance to prepare states, districts, and teachers for the Common Core, through:
Researching what states and districts are doing to prepare for the transition
Guiding teachers and education leaders toward prioritizing goals and allocating resources
Interested in this project, and want to know more? Contact us at email@example.com.
|Common Core State Standards (Common Core) provide a framework for curriculum and instruction across the nation that has the potential to rigorously gear teacher efforts toward quantifiable and sustainable improvement in preparing students for postsecondary education. The overall goal of the Common Core is to increase and standardize expectations so that all American students are equipped for success in postsecondary education and the workforce.|
| Research Alliance – Research Questions As Central Region states plan for implementation of the Common Core, the purpose of this project is to describe what is happening in order to identify resources and strategies across the states that can be shared and lay the groundwork for further research. Year 1 research questions are:
- Study Guide #2 Common Core Standards and Learning Progressions
- Preparing for Change: A National Perspective on Common Core State Standards Implementation Planning.
- On the road to implementation
- Defining college readiness: Where are we now, and where do we need to be.
- Closing the expectations gap 2011
- CCSSR: A New Model for the Role of Research in Supporting Urban School Reform
- Approaches to dropout prevention: Heeding early warning signs with appropriate interventions.
- Implementing the Common Core State Standards: State spotlights
- Implementing the Common Core State Standards: A workbook for state and local leaders
- Achievement growth: International and U.S. state trends in student performance