A key priority area for Central states is the need to help students become better prepared for postsecondary education and careers. Addressing this need in the short term will require assisting states as they transition to the Common Core State Standards. In the longer term, states and districts need assistance to create or improve their data systems to track progress and understand key challenges.
- Predicting success in college: The importance of placement tests and high school transcripts
- Pathways to prosperity: Meeting the challenge of preparing young Americans for the 21st Century
- Helping students navigate the path to college: What high schools can do: A practice guide
- Defining college readiness: Where are we now, and where do we need to be.
- Closing the expectations gap 2011
- CCSSR: A New Model for the Role of Research in Supporting Urban School Reform
- Approaches to dropout prevention: Heeding early warning signs with appropriate interventions.
- Trends in high school dropout and completion rates in the United States: 1972–2009